The Electric Boat Management Association (EBMA) is a professional society with membership open to all salaried personnel. The EBMA is dedicated to the management development of its members, with the association’s goals and objectives endorsed by Electric Boat’s top management. In addition to fostering the professional growth of its members, the EBMA provides networking opportunities through associated activities, along with other benefits to its members.EBMA Mission Statement
The EBMA Promotes Professional Development
The EBMA provides opportunity for fostering leadership and management skills and an exchange of ideas and information on management practices. The association strives to develop a professional spirit and an understanding of management as a profession. The EBMA enhances professional skills through continuous opportunities to participate in association functions and programs. Some examples of association offerings are:
Activities and Benefits
- Educational / Related Interest Trips – among various diverse offerings, the EBMA has arranged various excursions and has even held a program meeting at Electric Boat’s Quonset Point facility with a guided tour of the site’s manufacturing processes.
- Financial and Retirement Planning – the EBMA believes it’s never too early, nor too late, to gain valuable knowledge from professionals on financial planning in order to achieve its members’ financial goals. Financial planning seminars and presentations of current company investment plans are examples of special arrangements offered to the membership.
- Monthly Dinner Program Meetings – these meetings provide a platform for nationally recognized guest speakers to address the membership on a variety of management related topics.
- Scholarship Awards – Ten scholarships are awarded annually to members’ dependents pursuing college degrees, totaling $14,500. Also, annual scholarships are awarded to EBMA members pursuing advanced degrees in the subject areas of Engineering or Business.
- Website And Email Announcements – Updates for the membership with announcements of upcoming events, synopses and pictures of past dinner program meetings, general membership information, and special interest items.
- EBMA Members & Family Outing – a fun-filled day for EBMA members and their families.
- Children’s Parties – special Easter, Halloween, and Christmas parties for members and their families.
- Toys For Kids – Annual company-wide collection of toys distributed to needy children and hospitalized children.
- Mini Programs – Sponsored tours and special events for members and their families.
- Retirement Awards – Recognition awards given to eligible members upon their retirement.
EBMA Constitution and Bylaws
The EBMA Constitution and Bylaws are open for the public to review.